The cause of death of Netflix star Kim Sae-ron has been revealed after she was found dead at the age of 24 at her home, with police saying she had been…. see more

Kim was found dead in her home in Seoul, South Korea, just before 5 p.m. local time Sunday, Feb. 16

Kim Sae-Ron in Seoul, South Korea, on April 13, 2018. Photo:Han Myung-Gu/WireImage

Kim Sae-ron’s cause of death has reportedly been revealed.

The 24-year-old Netflix star died by suicide, according to multiple outlets including The New York Times, The Korea Times and Yonhap News Agency, citing law enforcement.

“We believe she made an extreme choice and plan to handle it as a suicide,” police told reporters, according to the latter outlet.

The Korean National Police did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment on Monday, Feb. 17.

Kim was found dead in her home in Seongsu-dong, a neighborhood in eastern Seoul, South Korea, just before 5 p.m. local time on Sunday, Feb. 16, Yonhap reported, citing authorities.

Kim Sae-Ron in Seoul, South Korea, on April 13, 2018. Han Myung-Gu/WireImage

Known for her childhood roles, Kim made her acting debut at age 9 playing an orphan called Jinhee in the 2009 drama A Brand New Life, which earned her international acclaim.

She followed it up with another memorable performance in the action-thriller The Man from Nowhere, which cemented her as a rising star.

Some of the late actress’ other memorable roles include The Neighbor (2012), A Girl at My Door (2014) and the drama series Mirror of the Witch, which first aired for 20 episodes starting in 2016.

Kim then stepped away from her acting career after she was caught driving under the influence of alcohol in May 2022, according to Yonhap.

The star crashed her car into a guardrail, trees and a transformer during the incident in southern Seoul, causing a temporary power outage in the area, the agency said. She was later fined a sum equaling about $15,000 for the incident in April 2023.

Kim Sae-Ron in Seoul, South Korea, on April 15, 2019. Han Myung-Gu/WireImage

Around the same time, Kim attempted to resume her career and return to the limelight by starring in a play, Dongchimi, but she was met with backlash and reportedly dropped out over health issues, according to Yonhap and Variety.

The actress’s hiatus officially ended with her role in Netflix’s action series Bloodhounds, which hit the streamer in June 2023. However, much of her screentime was edited out in the wake of her 2022 accident and the surrounding controversy, Variety reported. The project marked her final work.

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE’s free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer​​, from celebrity news to compelling human-interest stories.

A friend who had plans to meet with Kim found her at her home and reported her death on Sunday, Yonhap said at the time.

Authorities “have not found any signs of foul play as of yet” and are currently investigating the circumstances of the star’s death, a police official told the South Korean news agency on Sunday.

If you or someone you know is considering suicide, please contact the 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline by dialing 988, text “STRENGTH” to the Crisis Text Line at 741741 or go to 988lifeline.org.

Related Posts

SAD NEWS: 30 minutes ago, White House Secretary Karoline Leavitt confirmed that President TRUMP was poisoned, his health is very critical and he may have….

SAD NEWS: White House Confirms President Trump Poisoned, Health in Critical Condition Washington, D.C. — In a shocking turn of events, White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt confirmed just 30…

Read more

SAD NEWS: 30 minutes ago, White House Secretary Karoline Leavitt confirmed that President TRUMP was poisoned, his health is very critical and he may have….

SAD NEWS: White House Confirms President Trump Poisoned, Health in Critical Condition Washington, D.C. — In a shocking turn of events, White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt confirmed just 30…

Read more

ÚLTIMA HORA: Hace 30 minutos, una fuente de la Casa Blanca reveló que la salud del presidente había sufrido un grave incidente y que… El rumor se extendió aún más cuando el vicepresidente J.D. Vance dijo que estaba listo para intervenir si ocurría una “terrible tragedia”.

ÚLTIMA HORA: La Casa Blanca, en crisis: la crisis de salud del presidente genera rumores de intervención de J.D. Vance Washington, D.C. — En un acontecimiento que ha sacudido a…

Read more

BREAKING NEWS: 30 minutes ago, a source inside the White House revealed that the President’s health had encountered a major incident and he had…, the rumor spread even more when Vice President JD Vance said he was ready to intervene if there was a “terrible tragedy”.

BREAKING NEWS: White House in Turmoil as President’s Health Crisis Sparks JD Vance Intervention Rumors Washington, D.C. — In a development that has shaken the political establishment, a source inside…

Read more

BBC NEW: Actor Danny DeVito donated $10,000 to Gavin Newsom’s ballot committee to allow voters to pass new California maps and stop Donald Trump from stealing the 2026 midterm elections and got into a tense confrontation with his close friend Arnold Schwarzenegger just because…

NEW: Danny DeVito Donates $1,000 to Gavin Newsom’s Ballot Measure to Block Trump’s 2026 Election Plans Hollywood veteran Danny DeVito has once again put himself at the center of America’s…

Read more

BREAKING: A federal appeals court says President Trump exceeded his presidential powers with several of his tariffs. The judges added that the tariffs could be upheld during the trial and Trump would be subject to…

BREAKING: Federal Appeals Court Rules Trump Overstepped Powers with Tariffs – But They Stay in Place for Now In a dramatic legal development, a federal appeals court has ruled that…

Read more

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *